Terms and Conditions
Kerrville Bus Company does not check luggage or provide receipts for luggage transported on the bus by the passenger. Customers are advised that megabus.com will accept up to ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger. For guidance, this must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height) and should not weigh more than 50 pounds. All luggage should be locked. It is recommended that a TSA approved locking device be used, especially when crossing international borders. Kerrville Bus Company does not assume any liability for lost or damaged luggage items. Passengers can also take on board one (1) small carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead storage compartments or under the seat. Please be advised that passengers wishing to travel with more luggage than specified above will have items refused.
Luggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border. Passengers must claim their luggage at the border crossing point for clearance through customs before being allowed to proceed across the border. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger.
Our maximum liability to you for any loss or damage to your luggage is US$250 per passenger for any such loss or damage to luggage, and megabus.com will only be responsible to reimburse passengers up to the maximum liability limit in the event of negligence on the part of megabus.com.
Ticket Reservation terms and conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or over to make travel reservations on megabus.com.
- Reservations with Kerrville Bus Company may not be refunded or cancelled except where Kerrville Bus Company has materially failed in its delivery of the service offered by this site.
- Reservations are only valid on the trip(s) stated.
- All children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (17 years of age or over) when travelling on Kerrville Bus Company.
- Passengers are required to present a valid reservation number, provided at the time of purchase, when boarding Kerrville Bus Company services.
- If we have reason to suspect the fraudulent use of a confirmation, we reserve the right to refuse travel on our vehicles. No refund will be made in relation to any confirmation refused due to fraudulent use.
- Customers are required to be at their departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This allows Kerrville Bus Company drivers to board customers in a timely manner avoiding any delays that may impact on the departure of the vehicle.
- When your reservation has been completed we will issue you with a confirmation e-mail. It is your responsibility to check that the confirmation issued to you is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing the confirmation in line with your request made on this website.
- Customers are advised that Kerrville Bus Company will accept up to ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger. For guidance this must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height) and should not weigh more than 50 pounds. Passengers can also take on board one (1) small carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead storage compartments (when available) or under the seat in front of them. Please note that Kerrville Bus Company cannot accept any additional luggage in excess of the quantity stated above. Bicycles are not permitted on Kerrville Bus Company motorcoaches. Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind.
- Kerrville Bus Company is unable to carry animals, with the exception of trained service animals that allow Passengers with Disabilities to perform necessary activities. Service animals must be properly documented, harnessed and under the direct control of the passenger at all times.
- All prices are shown in US$.
- Kerrville Bus Company does not does not honor any other company's tickets to travel on Kerrville schedules.
- Kerrville Bus Company is not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic or road conditions, weather or other causes over which it has no control.
- Customers are allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages on board. Passengers are not permitted to consume or bring alcoholic beverages on board.
- Kerrville Bus Company does not guarantee connections between individual reservations. We strongly recommend that you allow ample time in between trips to account for any delays that may be experienced.
- Smoking is not permitted on Kerrville Bus Company motorcoaches.
All schedules are issued for the convenience of the public. While Kerrville Bus Company and all connecting companies endeavor to maintain schedules shown, these schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. Times shown are approximate and are intended for information purposes only. Schedule times may vary due to traffic, time of day and road conditions.
Walk Up Cash & Credit Card Fares
Customers may purchase a premium-fare ticket from the driver before each departure. Customers are required to have exact change if purchasing with cash.
Cell Phone Policy
In consideration of your fellow passengers, and common decency, cell phone usage is to be kept at a minimum. It is recommended that your cell phone is set to vibrate when a call is received. We understand that emergencies do arise, and expect customers to take those calls.
Carriers reserve the right to refuse to transport a person under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or who is incapable of taking care of him/herself, or whose conduct is such or likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers, or who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation of the carrier. Such persons may be removed from the bus at any usual stopping place or at such other place as the driver may select. In event of such removal, the liability of the carrier shall not exceed the amount of the excess fare paid by the passenger.
Exception: This rule does not apply to persons who are ill and accompanied by an attendant or nurse.